Scott Sabin, MA, is executive director of Plant With Purpose, a nonprofit Christian, environmental organization that works in six countries to eradicate poverty through reforestation efforts, economic empowerment, and spiritual renewal. Sabin has been published in various periodicals including The New York Times, Christianity Today, and the San Diego Union-Tribune. He is currently a contributing editor to Creation Caremagazine and a national speaker in the creation care movement."
WEBINAR: "Lessons from Tending to Eden" (12/9/10)
- "Clothes Shopping in Port au Prince, Unexpectedly," The New York Times, July 17, 2007
- "The End Justifies the Green," The San Diego Tribune, April 19, 2008
- "Trees of Life," Christianity Today, November 2009
- "Planting with Purpose," Relevant, May/June 2009
- Interview on Life as Mission blog, March 3, 2010
- "Planting with Purpose" (excerpt from Tending to Eden) on Reject Apathy.com
- Tending to Eden is the subject of the post "Thinking UpStream: Fighting The Causes Of Poverty" on the Requisite Danger blog.
- SustainLane.com featured a Tending to Eden guest blog post by Scott Sabin on June 3, 2010.
- Scott's article "Whole Earth Evangelism" appeared on Christianity Today in July 2010.
- The New York Times interviewed Scott Sabin for "Devastated Haiti Braces for an Active Hurricane Season" (7/12/10)
- A mention of Tending to Eden and Scott Sabin's Plant With Purpose appears in "The Other Environmental Crisis" by Rusty Pritchard in Epistle
- The blog "Gidget Goes Home" reviewed Tending to Eden on 7/12/10.
- Scott contributed the article "Opportunity in the Rubble" for RejectApathy.com (7/21/10).
- Relevant Magazine interviewed Scott Sabin for the article "Can Haiti Be Saved," in its July/August 2010 issue.
- Good News, Inc. mentions Plant With Purpose in "Haiti, seven months later," an article in its September 2010 issue.
- Lilliam Brummet interviewed Scott Sabin on Blogtalkradio to discuss the efforts and achievements of Plant With Purpose (9/23/10).
- The Creation Care Podcast interviews Scott Sabin about the intersection between poverty, environmental degradation, and spiritual hope (10/21/10).
- Scott Sabin and Plant With Purpose are mentioned in "A Feast Fit for a King" in Christianity Today(11/5/10).
- "Tending to Eden: The rural poor are tangled in the roots of creation’s groaning," an excerpt from Tending to Eden in Flourish Magazine, Winter 2010 issue