Book Code: 166E
Publisher: JUDSON PRESS
GET THIS LEADER'S GUIDE FOR FREE! Order five or more copies of Modeling Mary and enter code MARYFREE in the discount box at checkout. Note that you must put one copy of the Leader's Guide in your shopping cart in order to receive the link for download.
This six-week study focuses on chapters 2-6 in Modeling Mary as they relate to the biblical stories we associate with the church's observance of Advent, Christmas, and s Epiphany.
Each of the six sessions features the same format for leaders to follow:
- Objective: clearly states the goal of the lesson
- Before the Session: outlines preparation recommended for the group or necessary for the leader
- Opening Presentation: describes an introductory activity or conversation to begin the session; each should take roughly 5 to 10 minutes
- Small Group Discussion: the core of the session with its accompanying teaching aid, which provides the biblically based discussion questions for use by participants. Allow 25 to 30 minutes for these important discussions.
- Seeing God's Masterpiece: a hands-on activity in which participants will reflect on the chapter's key theme and create an artist's palette that represents their discipleship experience. This activity should take about 20 minutes.
- Closing: Concludes every session with an excerpt read aloud from the book and a prayerful challenge or invitation based on that reading. Allow five minutes for the closing.
Finally, for sessions one through five, the guide provides an "Assignment" for the following week -- specifically the homework of reading the next chapter in the book as preparation for the following session.