Judson Press places a high priority on the health and safety of our employees. In response to COVID-19, we’ve implemented operational procedures to address these concerns, as well as maintain continuity of business. Customers should not experience any delays in shipping.
Thank you for your business. We pray for your health and safety.
Available on Kindle, Nook and CBD Reader!
This rich and passionate compilation offers sermons and essays from religious leaders across the Christian landscape, all reflecting on the historic 2008 election of Barack Obama as 44th President of the United States of America. Editor Marvin A. McMickle asked contributors:
1. Does a black man in the White House signify our arrival in the Promised Landor do we still have a long way to go in pursuit of liberty and justice for all?2. To what extent might Barack Obama's election represent a fulfillment of Martin Luther King's dream?3. What words of prophetic challenge can we offer to President Obama?
The book features dynamic preachers:
• Tony Campolo• Carolyn Ann Knight• Gardner C. Taylor
• Dwight Hopkins• Anthony Pinn• Leslie Callahan• Emilie Townes
• Brad Braxton• Otis Moss II• Gina Stewart• Otis Moss III
And popular authors:
• Marvin McMickle• William Willimon• Philip Yancey• Leonard Sweet
These racially, politically, and theologically diverse Christian leaders offer a breadth of opinions and responses to Obama's election. Join them as they view the impact of this momentous event through distinctly Christian eyes.
One of the most respected preachers in the nation, Marvin A. McMickle, DMin, PhD, served as pastor of Antioch Baptist Church in Cleveland, Ohio for nearly twenty-five years before becoming president of Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School in Rochester, New York in January 2012. No stranger to academia, McMickle previously served as professor of homiletics at Ashland Theological Seminary and in 2009, spent a semester as a visiting professor at Yale University Divinity School. He also taught at Case Western Reserve, Cleveland State, Princeton and Fordham universities.
A prolific author, McMickle has more than a dozen books to his credit, including resources on preaching, ministry, and African American history.
Fall 2020 Curriculum Order Form
1075 First Ave King of Prussia, PA 19406 1-800-458-3766